It’s natural to panic the first time you see lines appearing on your face. Those fine lines can turn into wrinkles—a clear sign of aging. People are constantly waging a fight against facial lines. Wrinkles are unavoidable, but there are a number of ways to reduce or delay them.
Here are a few tips for minimizing wrinkles:
- Avoid the sun – It’s hard to emphasize this tip enough. The ultraviolet rays of the sun are the leading cause of wrinkles. Too much sun exposure causes the skin to dry and show lines. Stay out of the sun as much as possible.
- Wear sunscreen – If you must go out in the sun, be sure to wear sunscreen. Sunscreen can keep skin looking younger and also help protect you against skin cancer. Make sure to wear sunscreen with at least SPF 30.
- Don’t smoke – Many studies concur that cigarette smoking hastens the aging of the skin. Cigarette smoke triggers the release of enzymes that breaks down collagen and elastin. The skin of smokers generally ages much more quickly than that of non-smokers.
- Adequate sleep – Many people believe that you need less sleep as you age. Whether young or old, people need at least seven to eight hours of sleep in a 24-hour period. When you get low on sleep, your body produces excess cortisol, the hormone that breaks down skin cells. On the other hand, when you get adequate sleep, your body can produce more human growth hormones that help skin remain elastic and thick and less likely to wrinkle.
- Watch your sleep positions – Sleeping in a way that wrinkles your facial skin can leave lasting lines. For example, sleeping on your side will leave wrinkles on your cheeks and chin. Sleeping facedown can lead to a furrowed brow. Laying on your back, on the other hand, minimizes sleep wrinkles
- Eat more fish – Fish, particularly salmon, is rich in protein, a critical building block of the skin. Fish is a prime source of omega-3 fatty acids that can nourish the skin.
Our skin is often the first thing that people notice about us. Invest in smart habits that will help keep it vibrant and young looking.
You can also invest in revolutionary products such as RapidLift FX that can work as an instant facelift, firming and tightening the skin. It works within 5 to 10 minutes of application and is a powerful tool in reducing wrinkles, lines, puffiness, and other signs of aging.